Monday, August 16, 2010

Bubby the Robot

Restoration Project
Robot Model: Safety Sam (with rubber face)
Robot Manufacture: Robotronics (www.robotronics.com)

News Story: http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/crime/bubby-the-robot-stolen-from-a-yard-in-kettering-is-returned-167564.html

After reading the new story I wrote Teresa a letter to see if she could use some help in repairing her robot which she bought for her son Tareece. Because I work in Dayton, OH which is only a few minutes away from Kettering, OH where Teresa lives, I figured it would be much easier to help her with her robot since she is local.

I meet her and her son earlier this month and saw their robot named "bubby". The robot was missing the original Robbe Futaba f-14 remote control and voice transmitter. The electronic controls had ben gutted, but the robot looked in vry good shape for a 1986 model. I'm hoping to be able to use some of the R/C parts from my Probotics America Star robot restortation to help bring this robot to live. I'm hoping some of the original control electronics are usable as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment