Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Bubby updates 11-3-10

Bubbys face being latex and over 20 years old required a great deal of attention. His cheaks, forhead and nose were really scrapped up and the rest of the skin showed a lot of pealing and pitting. I found a wonderfull product commonly avaliable at the hardware store for sealing and mending latex and rubber. I used this as a compond to rub over Bubbys face and the results were great. I could not totally smooth out his cheaks, but it was a big improvement!

After much sanding to this face with fine git sand paper and scubbing with Simple Green cleaner his face was ready for a new cost of paint. Not all paints will stick to rubber and latex, but I found some that work pretty well. We wanted to go with a new skin tone for Bubby, but picking skin tone paints is never easy. I did find a primer color and a dark brown color that I liked and after putting a coat of primer paint on Bubbys face I really like how it turn out.



His eye lids were painted the same color and his eyes are now brown as well, instead of blue.


Bubbys originally hair did not fit his new look so I took his scalp plate and sanded all the old glue and stuck hair and gunk off of it and painted it with primer and a darker brown. I think leaving his head like this with no "hair" is going to look really good and will be a lot easier to maintain.


The rest of Bubby is in part and I still have several more coats of paint to put on Bubbys head and face.

No comments:

Post a Comment